Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chapter 5 Establishing an Eternal Future

Lord,
I bring (name of child) before You and ask that You would help her(him) grow into a deep understanding of who You are. Open her(his)heart and bring her(him) to a full knowledge of the truth about You. Lord, You have said in Your Word, "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9). I pray for that kind of faith for my child. May she (he) call You her(his) Savior, be filled with Your Holy Spirit , acknowledge You in every area of her(his) life, and choose always to follow You and Your ways. Help her (him) to fully believe that Jesus laid down His life for her(him) so that she(he) might have life eternally and abundantly now. Help her(him) to comprehend the fullness of Your forgiveness so that she(he) will not live in guilt and condemnation.
I pray that she(he) will live a fruitful life, ever increasing in knowledge of You. May she (he) always know your will, have spiritual understanding, and walk in a manner that is pleasing in Your sight. You have said in Your Word that You will pour out Your Spirit on my offspring (Isaiah 44:3). I pray that You would pour out Your Spirit upon (name of child) this day.
Thank You, Lord, that You care about her(his) eternal future even more than I do and that it is secure in You. In Jesus' name I pray that she (he) will not doubt or stray from the path. You have for her (him) all the days of her(his) life.

No comments:

Post a Comment