Friday, September 4, 2009

Chapter 4 Feeling Loved and Accepted

Lord,
I pray for (name of child) to feel loved and accepted.  Penetrate his (her) heart with Your love right now and help him (her) to fully understand how far-reaching and complete it is.  Your Word says You loved us so much that You sent Your Son to die for us (John 3:16). Deliver him(her) from any lies of the enemy that may have been planted in his (her) mind to cause him (her) to doubt that.  Jesus said, "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love" (John 15:9-10).  Lord, help (name of child) to abide in Your love.  May he (she) say as David did, " Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning, for in You do I trust" (Psalm 143:8).  Manifest Your love to this child in a real way today and help him (her) to receive it.
I pray also that You would help me to love this child unconditionally the way You do, and enable me to show it in a manner  he(she) can perceive.  Reveal to me how I can demonstrate and model Your love to him (her) so that it will be clearly understood.  I pray that all my family members will love and accept him (her), and may he (she) find favor with other people as well.  With each day that he (she) grows in the confidence of being loved and accepted, release in him (her) the capacity to easily communicate love to others.  Enable him (her) to reach out in love in a way that is appropriate.  As he (she) comes to fully understand the depth of Your love for him (her) and receives it into his (her) soul, make him (her) a vessel through which Your love flows to others.  In Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment